Why choose Solid Wall Insulation?
– The living environment can be vastly improved using External Wall Insulation, Internal Wall Insulation, Hybrid Wall Insulation systems
– Insulates the home – minimises heat-loss & significantly reduces heating costs
– Resolves any rising & penetrating damp issues affecting external walls
– No effect to internal room area where External Wall Insulation system is used
– Minimal impact on your home during construction phase
– Transforms your home, looks fantastic when finished & makes your home feel ‘one of a kind’
– Environmentally friendly – reduces your annual CO2 production by up to 2000kg
How do I know if I have solid walls?
Generally houses built before 1930 will have solid walls. After this date insulated Cavity Walls became common practice and superseded solid wall construction methods.
To determine whether your home is suitable for solid wall insulation, a simple measure of the width of the external wall can be done at a window or door, solid walls will measure less than 260mm.
A building surveyor or Green Deal Assessor will be able to determine if the walls are solid. As a guide, if the walls are brick, the pattern of bricks may show that the walls are solid. Look for alternating long and short brick faces. If your walls are stone, they will be a lot thicker than this, but may still be solid.
I have filled Cavity Walls and my home is still cold/damp, will EWI fix this?
In some cases, older cavity wall insulation can fail. The addition of an external wall insulation system can resolve the resultant heat-loss issue, and unlike internal wall insulation, it doesn’t reduce internal room size.
We were recommended Cobalt by a neighbour, so we saw them working on their house and the quality of the work they did. We felt comfortable knowing that they were family owned and would be there if anything went wrong – so many companies in London come and go.
The workmen looked after the house very well – they were really careful and covered everything up. It has made a huge difference to our house – it is a lot warmer and we can now heat it properly without wasting money.
In our 1906 house, whenever I went upstairs a blast of cold air met me, as the upstairs walls have only one course of bricks. Since Cobalt put the external wall insulation on, it has made a huge difference. Even the bedroom with three external walls is warm now – before it never got warm. We are also delighted with the appearance of the exterior – it looks excellent, and even though it is a light cream colour, it has not got dirty.