A home is the most expensive purchase most people ever make. As an owner you will benefit from expert advice on the condition of your property. Whether you plan to live in it, rent it out or sell it.
During our Cobalt Carbon Free Home Buyers Reports, a Cobalt surveyor conducts an in-depth visual inspection of the property. The report provides an expert account of the property’s condition. This highlights any problems in clear and easy to understand ‘traffic light’ ratings.
What to do if a survey uncovers problems
Home Buyers Reports almost always finds some issues, especially with older homes.
You can attend when the survey is carried out, so you’re able ask questions about issues that concern you. This is about your future home, so don’t be afraid to speak up.
The most common things you will have to investigate after a survey include:
– Damp and timber issues
– Central heating system
– Electrical installation
– Complications which will need a structural engineer
– Problems with the roof
What to do next:
– Find out whether any problems, such as a poor damp-proof course, are still covered by a guarantee
– Ask the surveyor to give you an idea of how costly it will be to sort out any problems
– For more major works, ask a builder to give you a quote
– Use these estimates to try to renegotiate the price. Alternatively, ask the seller to fix the issues before you complete the sale
– Remember it’s not only about cost but also the amount of upheaval that repair work will cause. If it all seems too much, you can walk away as you’re not committed yet.
Contact us now to arrange a Home Buyers Report – Contact Us