Making a home energy efficient is an essential part of it becoming a sustainable Eco Home.
Consideration, local climate designs using a fabric first approach for greatest efficiency. Creating a building envelope that is well insulated and air tight. Producing Eco Homes that generate most, if not all and more of the energy used on site is a fascinating idea.
From fossil fuel electricity to low carbon sources. Solar, Wind Turbine, Hydrogen Fuel Cell and Electrolysers are cutting edge technologies. Home energy production is trending like no other. Big and sustainable are unhappy bedfellows. It’s a simple fact, Bigger homes need Bigger Energy and Bigger Stuff! Eco Homes embody the essence of sustainability. Small, clean and simple.
Sustainable Eco Homes Beyond Just Efficiency.
Why are Eco Homes better than conventional ones?
Depending on the type of eco home, they are cheaper to run; they should use less energy and have lower carbon emissions. Eco homes should hold their values longer, outlasting conventional homes. With more daylight and less chemicals in the building fabric, encourages a healthier living environment.
Are Eco Homes more expensive to buy?
Not necessarily. As with every home, the cost varies depending on the individual specification. Eco Homes can often cost less than a conventional home, and cost less to run.
What simple things can I do to make my current house more environmentally friendly?
– Switch to an energy supplier offering energy from renewable sources.
– Switching takes about five minutes, we recommend Good Energy as they
– Supply 100% green energy and not a mixture as some companies do.
– Switch your light bulbs to low energy light bulbs.
– Ensure that your home is well insulated in the loft and via cavity wall insulation.
– Upgrade your appliances to those with an ‘A’ Rating.
– Install radiator reflector panels to minimise heat loss.